- 2 pounds lean ground beef (or lean ground turkey)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (jarred or homemade)
- 15 ounces white beans (or black, pinto, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
|Calories670Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Greg Hollingsworth 18 days ago
great! kids loved it!
john 22 days ago
it was very good and will make it again.
Sarah 24 Oct 2018
Yum! Who knew you could bake bread on top of your meat?! Wonderful recipe to feed a big family. The whole meal was delicious, I will definitely make it again.
Fefe 11 Sep 2018
Wonderfully amazing recipe. I made this last night and made it just the way it was. The only thing we did different was add sour cream to the side after cooked. I thought about adding sides but why, was the question. My man is a Pinto Beans guy so I made it with them, but honestly I wouldn’t have mind black beans. The cornbread was delicious and perfect! Thanks for having a wonderfully great recipe I will come back to often!
Jenny 13 Mar 2018
Made this with beans in a chili sauce and subtracted out a little of the salsa and it was amazing. My whole family loved it too. Definitely being added to the monthly rotation
Erika Hallman 30 Dec 2017
It always turns out wonderful
Samantha Estabrook 4 Jan 2017
The combination of con, beans, and the salsa really made the meat flavorful! Delicious & filling. :)
liz w. 24 Jan 2016
Good family liked it. I used chili beans instead of pinto beans also used can of whole kernel corn instead of frozen and 2 cups of cheese. Still think need to use something else to make it a little moister maybe some kind of soup.