Couscous with Panela CheeseMadeleine Cocina
Couscous is a hearty and nutritious alternative to a rice side dish. It is dried and cracked pasta that is made from semolina, once cooked, has a texture that is similar to pasta. This Couscous with Panela Cheese dish is dreamy, creamy and packed with healthy vegetables. This decadent recipe combines queso panela with hearty vegetables and ingredients for a palate pleasing experience we think the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 slices queso panela
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 2 carrots (sliced in long strips)
- 2 zucchini (sliced in long strips)
- 1 cup spinach (sliced)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (as desired)
- pepper (as desired)
- 1Place the panela cheese with the soy sauce and worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Let it marinate overnight.
- 2Cook the carrots and zucchini in a pot on medium heat until they soften. Soak them with cold water and strain.
- 3Cook the couscous by following the package instructions, place it in a bowl, stir it while adding 1 tablespoon olive oil and spinach.
- 4Mix the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- 5Strain the panela cheese, and pour the marinade sauce over the dressing.
- 6Sprinkle the white flour over the panela cheese.
- 7Heat a wide skillet with cooking spray at high flame, place the panela cheese in the skillet, and let it cook until it obtains a golden brown color on each side.
- 8Place a layer of couscous, zucchini, carrots, and dressing on the plates, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.