Couscous with Asparagus and SurimiHoje para Jantar
This couscous salad can be enjoyed as meal or a side-dish, depending on how hungry you are. The dish is simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano. The couscous gets a bit of richness from adding butter to it. Asparagus, peas, and surimi stud the couscous and add some bold flavors and a bit of freshness. Once the couscous is mixed with the sauteed vegetables and the surimi, it is topped with sliced peppers to finish the dish off perfectly.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 glass water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- asparagus (to taste)
- 1/2 red pepper
- peas (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pink peppercorns
- 1Cut the asparagus and bring them to sauté in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the peas and chopped surimi.
- 2Pour the couscous into a pot and cover with the boiling water and the oil. Add the butter and let stand for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork to loosen the couscous.
- 3Add the sautéed vegetables and stir to combine.
- 4Cut the peppers into strips and scatter on top .
- 5Season with salt, pink pepper and oregano.