Couscous With Peppers, Leek and Spicy Chicken With Sesame SeedsO Meu Tempero
Couscous is much more versatile than other types of semolina pasta, thanks to their tiny shapes that resemble grains, and which allow them to be prepared and served in much the same way, as side dishes or to make salads, among other options. Take this recipe, for example, where couscous is simply steamed and then served as a bed for sauteed leeks and mixed bell peppers as well as chicken, which is pounded extra thin, seasoned wtih ground coriander and red pepper, and sprinkled with sesame seeds after cooking.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 leeks (medium, white part only)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 150 couscous (grs of)
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- virgin olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Place the chicken breasts between vellum and beat with a rolling pin to make them thinner.
- 2Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, coriander milled, sweet pepper and brush with olive oil.
- 3Heat a frying pan.
- 4Put a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the leeks, cut into slices of 5 cm and then the thin strips lengthwise, until they soften.
- 5Then add the peppers cut into squares.
- 6If necessary, add a little water to the leek so they do not dry out and become hard.
- 7Season with salt and set aside.
- 8In the same pan, fry the chicken and when that's almost done, just add the sesame seeds.
- 9For the couscous just boil water and pour over.
- 10Wait a few seconds, separate the grains with a fork and season with salt and olive oil.
- 11Serve in plates placing the vegetables on top of the couscous, and sliced chicken.
- 12Sprinkle with chives and a little olive oil.
- 13Serve hot or cold.