Couscous With Bacon And Croutons of Goat Cheese With Basil OilO Meu Tempero
It's true what they say: Bacon does make everything taste better, including this couscous salad. Besides bacon, the couscous is combined with bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and fresh goat cheese in a serving dish and then garnished with fresh basil leaves and croutons made by toasting rustic bread pieces with basil oil and toasting to a golden crisp. It's a wonderful dish all on its own, but would also be terrific as an accompaniment to grilled meat, poultry, or fish.
- 150 couscous (grs of)
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 70 bacon slices (grs of)
- 1/4 sweet pepper (green, diced)
- 1/4 sweet pepper (diced)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (whole)
- 1 slice Portuguese Alentejo bread (trimmed and diced)
- 1 goat cheese (small, diced)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- 1Put basil and olive oil in a blender and grind.
- 2Place the couscous in a bowl of boiling water, along with a pinch of salt and basil olive oil.
- 3When the water is completely absorbed separate the grains with a fork and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 4Put aside.
- 5Heat a frying pan and toast the bacon.
- 6Add the peppers and the cherry tomatoes.
- 7For the croutons, brush the pieces of bread with basil oil, put in each square of cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- 8Bring to medium oven until toasting the bread and melt the cheese.
- 9Plate up by putting the couscous in a large dish, peppers, bacon, the whole tomato, the croutons and decorate with basil leaves.