Fresh strawberries may seem like an unusual addition to this salad, but they add their own kind of sweetness to the mix and balances out the savory ingredients. After all, they are just a fresh alternative to raisins, dried cranberries, and other dried fruits that are much more common, as are apples and pears. Plus, strawberries pair up nicely with balsamic vinegar, which is used to in the verdant and vibrant cilantro dressing.
- 150 grams couscous
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 strawberries (whole)
- 1 buffalo mozzarella (ball, round slices)
- 4 dried tomatoes (strips)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- Couscous: Put the couscous in a bowl and add 200 milliliters of boiling water, or enough to cover the couscous.
- Wait until all the water is absorbed and separate the grains with a fork.
- Spread the couscous on a platter.
- On top of the couscous, arrange the arugula, strawberries, mozzarella, and dried tomatoes.
- Season with the Green Sauce.
- Green Sauce: Place all the ingredients in a blender and grind finely.