- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 7 ounces couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (finely)
- 2 tablespoons mint (finely chopped, plus extra leaves for garnish)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 8 chicken tenderloins (halved widthwise)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup milk
- yogurt (Harissa)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (long, seeded, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Bring stock or water to a boil in a saucepan. Place couscous in a bowl and pour in hot stock or water. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 5 mins. Fluff with a fork to separate. Stir in herbs and 3/4 of zest.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour. Dip into combined egg and milk. Coat well with couscous mixture and chill for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, for the harissa yogurt, heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan on high. Sauté pepper, chili pepper and garlic for 4-5 mins until tender. Place mixture in a food processor with remaining olive oil and process until smooth. Stir in yogurt and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in same cleaned frying pan on high. Fry chicken in batches for 2-3 mins each side, until golden and cooked. Drain on paper towels. Top with remaining zest and mint leaves, to serve, and accompany with the harissa yogurt.
|Calories200Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.