- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons chives (coarsely chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 large egg yolks (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the couscous, almonds, currants, chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and stir well. Remove from heat and cover tightly for 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in yolks. Press couscous mixture into six 3-inch-wide cakes. Transfer to a plate and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry cakes, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with Moroccan-Inspired Country-Style Rib Ragu