- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- 1 package knorr hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices french bread ((about 3/4-in ea ), lightly toasted)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 oz)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs (poached and kept warm)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and cook chicken in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked; set aside and keep warm.
- Blend Sauce Mix with milk in 1-quart saucepan. Add remaining 4 tablespoons Spread. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened; keep warm.
- Arrange 2 pieces toasted bread on each plate. Top bread slices with chicken, then evenly sprinkle with cheese. Arrange bacon and eggs over cheese, then evenly top, as desired, with Sauce. Sprinkle, if desired, with paprika and garnish with fresh fruit.
Dorothy Hodgson 18 Oct 2018
As someone who doesn't cook AT ALL i definitely dove right into the deep end with this recipe. I could definitely have used MUCH more detailed directions, a lot of this recipe assumes you have good timing and cooking instincts which I don't have so it turned out to be a total mess.