- 2 pounds country style pork ribs
- 12 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3 oranges
- 4 limes
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 can chipotles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the garlic and enough canola oil to barely cover it. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the garlic is tender and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Strain and set the garlic aside.
- Zest the oranges and set the zest aside. Juice the oranges and limes. In the jar of a blender, combine the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, adobo sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, thyme, cumin, pepper and coriander and process to purée. Stir in the zest. Transfer to a large resealable bag and add the pork. Set aside in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove the pork from marinade and grill, turning occasionally, until the ribs are tender. Remove the ribs from the grill and let rest 3 minutes.
Todd Kavran 25 Sep 2018
okay, would make it again.