This simple and hearty dish will satisfy hungry diners on a cold winter day. Serve with crusty French rolls and fresh fruit.
- 2 cups pork loin roast (cooked, diced, about 1 pound)
- 4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 7 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In small bowl thoroughly stir together 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch, set aside. In 4-quart saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil; add noodles, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, peas and pepper. When noodles are tender, stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened; stir in pork and butter; heat through.