- 750 grams potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 25 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 400 grams Quorn mince
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (can of)
- 200 milliliters water
- 1 stock (cube, You can use chicken or beef if you wish)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Add the stock cube to 200 ml of boiling water and keep aside to dissolve.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender - around 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, remove in the saucepan and mash till smooth. Add the butter, parsley and milk, mixing thoroughly. (Add more milk if required)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. In a large frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, green chillies and the bay leaf and fry for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Add the frozen Quorn mince and the cumin powder and cook for further 5 minutes. Then add in the tomatoes, chopped rosemary and stock. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer the Quorn mince to an oven proof dish in a single layer. Add the mashed potatoes on the top, covering the quorn mince and fluff the mash layer with a fork. Lightly brush the surface with a beaten egg. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- * You can also add a layer of grated cheese on top of the potatoes. Skip the egg if using cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.