When you are searching for a flavorful appetizer that is not only beautiful to look at, but also rich and delicious, then you need to think about making this recipe for Cottage Cheese with Orange Blossom and Caramelized Pistachio Shot-Glass Verrines. These sweet and salty, yet altogether decadent appetizers are perfect for a fancy dinner among family or friends. There are only six portions in this recipe, so plan accordingly if you want to make more.
- 500 grams cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 100 grams unsalted pistachios
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Mix cottage cheese and orange blossom water together.
- Crush pistachios with a rolling pin.
- Caramelize the sugar in a saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat, and add the crushed pistachios.
- Stir to coat them with the caramel.
- Pour the caramelized pistachios on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Let the preparation cool and harden. Crush it with a knife.
- In each glass, add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of the crushed pistachios.
- Divide the cheese in six portions and add 1 portion to each glass.