Cottage Cheese with Orange Blossom and Caramelized Pistachio Shot-Glass VerrineOn dine chez Nanou
When you are searching for a flavorful appetizer that is not only beautiful to look at, but also rich and delicious, then you need to think about making this recipe for Cottage Cheese with Orange Blossom and Caramelized Pistachio Shot-Glass Verrines. These sweet and salty, yet altogether decadent appetizers are perfect for a fancy dinner among family or friends. There are only six portions in this recipe, so plan accordingly if you want to make more.
- 500 grams cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons orange flower water
- 100 grams unsalted pistachios
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1Mix cottage cheese and orange blossom water together.
- 2Crush pistachios with a rolling pin.
- 3Caramelize the sugar in a saucepan on low heat.
- 4Remove from heat, and add the crushed pistachios.
- 5Stir to coat them with the caramel.
- 6Pour the caramelized pistachios on a sheet of parchment paper.
- 7Let the preparation cool and harden. Crush it with a knife.
- 8In each glass, add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of the crushed pistachios.
- 9Divide the cheese in six portions and add 1 portion to each glass.