If you want to surprise your friends and family with sweet and savory treats the next time you host a party, barbecue or special occasion, then try this recipe for Cottage Cheese Brioche. It takes time to allow the dough to rise, so be sure you give yourself time to make this easy and flavorful treat. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy the tasty and traditional treat as much as we do.
- 500 grams whole wheat flour (semi-)
- 250 grams cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 beaten eggs
- sugar (pearl or nib)
- Pour all the dough ingredients into the food processor bowl.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough ball from processor, place in a bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let rise in warm place.
- Shape the brioche, then let rise again for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Brush the dough with beaten egg, then sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.