Yummy!! These Cotija Cheese Biscuits are outstanding. You will fall in love with this Cotija Cheese Biscuits recipe. It is simple to make and super tasty. Bake these Cotija Cheese Biscuits for the family on a sunday morning or as an afternoon snack. This recipe is perfect anytime in the day. Let us know about your experience in the comments below or give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along.
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cotija (grated)
- 45 grams butter (Cubed)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk (to glaze)
- In a large bowl stir the flour with the baking powder, salt and Cotija.
- Add the butter, and with a dough cutter or with your fingertips work the mix, until you get small bits, or the mixture resembles oatmeal.
- Add the milk, stir with a wooden spatula until consistent.
- Pat out the dough, making it about 1 inch thick, and cut the biscuits with a biscuit cutter. With the tip of a pastry bag, make a circle on the top of each biscuit top.
- Put them on a pan lined with parchment baking paper or a Silpat, glaze each biscuit with egg yolk wash and cook at 180°C in a preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they begin to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack before serving.
|Calories160Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.