CoscorõesAs receitas lá de casa
Fried pastries are so delectably crisp and golden brown that they are worth every minute of your time (and the extra cleanup required). For the absolute best results, use the lard that's called for in the recipe when mixing up the dough; besides lending distinctive taste, it will produce the flakiest texture when fried. If you prefer, however, you can use all vegetable shortening or butter instead. The dough is also made with orange juice and brandy, for extra flavor.
- 130 grams lard
- 1/2 orange
- 30 grams brandy
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 grams flour (type 65, if type 55 add 30 grams more)
- oil (as needed for frying)
- 1In a Thermamix cup, place the orange juice, lard and brandy. Set to 2 minutues/212°F/speed 1.
- 2Add the eggs and salt and set to 3 seconds/speed 6.
- 3Add the flour and set to 20 seconds/speed 6.
- 4Remove the dough to a bowl and cover with a cloth.
- 5Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Place the oil in a pot and heat to medium temperature.
- 7Sprinkle a work surface with flour and roll small portions of the dough very thinly.
- 8Cut the pieces into rectangles and make a couple cuts into the middle of each rectangle.
- 9Fry rectangles until golden on both sides.
- 10Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 11Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon while still hot.