Break away from your routine. Try our Cornstarch Alfajor Pastries this morning. You will fall in love with this recipe it will become your new routine. Let us know your thoughts about this Cornstarch Alfajor Pastries by commenting below. You can also give this recipe a star rating for others to follow along. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. It is delicious! And full of flavor!
- 150 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 150 grams superfine sugar
- 4 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 2 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 100 grams flour
- 400 grams cornstarch
- 10 grams baking powder
- dulce de leche
- coconut (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream the butter and the sugar, beating until the mixture is creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one by one, thoroughly beating after adding each one.
- Add the egg whites, one by one.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda.
- Gather the dough in one ball and stretch out on a floured surface. Cut out circles of the dough using a ring mold and place on baking trays lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Remove from the trays and let them cool completely.
- Add dulce de leche to half of the circles and place the other halves on top of each one. Cover the edges with coconut (it should stick to the dulce de leche).
|Calories1050Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.