- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zested)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, butter and water until creamy.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients ingredients until dough is smooth.
- Let dough rest briefly.
- Drop teaspoons of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Space cookies 8 cm (approximately 3 inches) apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 7 minutes.