Cornbread is a traditional menu item when making hearty homemade barbecue. This recipe takes 105 minutes to make and is sweet from the corn flour and hearty. If you are having a backyard barbecue, garden party, holiday dinner or special celebration, these rolls will provide the palate with a sweet and savory sensation. Serve them up warm with homemade honey butter and they will be the star of the party.
- 250 grams corn flour
- 250 grams wheat flour (type 65)
- 5.5 grams baker's yeast
- fine salt (to taste)
- 320 milliliters warm water
- Place the flours and yeast in a bowl, and mix.
- Pour this mixture on a working surface, make a well in the middle.
- Gradually pour water in the well, and mix from the inside out.
- Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough gets a bit elastic.
- Form a ball with the dough, and let it rise in a bowl, greased with little olive oil. Cover with a clean cloth or plastic wrap: Let stand in a dry, warm, and draft-free place, for about 2 hours, or until dough doubles in size.
- Place dough on a floured surface, and form desired shape of bread. Place in bread pan. Sprinkle with a little in cornmeal, and with a knife, make cuts on the top of the loaf.
- Let rest for another 1/2 hour, covered with a clean cloth.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- If you put a small bowl of water in the oven tray it helps to create steam, and the bread will come out with a crunchier crust.
|Calories440Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.