Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Corn Bread is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 200 grams corn flour
- 100 grams sourdough starter
- 150 grams wheat flour
- 8 grams salt
- 10 grams bakers yeast
- 340 grams water
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- Add sourdough, salt, half of water and mix well.
- Add the remaining water slowly, as needed.
- All the water may not be needed.
- Shape dough into a ball, place in a bowl and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Cornmeal dough will be softer than wheat dough.
- Knead dough for at least ten minutes.
- Dust with flour, cover and set aside.
- Let dough rise for about 3-4 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F). Shape dough (divide, if desired) and place on baking sheet.
- Do not cut bread surface since the beauty of this bread is the break at the surface.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- Reduce oven temperature and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes at 180°C-200°C (approximately 375°F).