Corn, Olive Oil And Honey CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Cornbread is such a staple side dish in Portuguese cooking, you are likely to always be served some with every meal, and leftovers are excellent when used as breadcrumbs in casseroles and gratins, or simply crumbled into salads and soups. This version combines equal parts flour and cornmeal for a finer crumb, with oil as the fat (instead of butter) for a more tender texture. Honey adds a touch of sweetness, and would be delicious spread on top of a square after baking.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Grease a square or rectangular baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- 4Add milk, olive oil, honey and eggs.
- 5Mix well until batter is smooth.
- 6Pour batter into prepared dish.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.