Corn on the cob is a favorite food during late summer, when you can find the unshucked ears at every farmstand and greenmarket (and of course the supermarket). Here, the corn cobs are boiled and then cut into disks, for easier eating, and tossed with butter. But not just plain butter; here melted butter is seasoned with chopped red chili pepper and cilantro and also a bit of tomato paste.
- 2 corncobs
- 30 grams butter
- 1 red chili peppers (seedless and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Cook the corn in boiling water.
- Drain and cut into 3 centimeter pieces.
- Separately, melt the butter and mix with the chili, coriander, and tomato paste.
- Mix the sauce with the warm corn and serve.