Served as a starter or as the main entree, this Corn and Coconut Soup is a tasty savory dish that will warm you up from the inside out, perfect for cold winter days. The base of this soup is made from a mixture of vegetable broth and coconut milk, making this creamy soup not only vegetarian, but vegan friendly. Seasoned with lime juice, fresh coriander, garlic, and green onion, this soup has a vibrant sweet flavor with a savory herbal undertone. Sweet corn kernels add a bit of texture to this creamy soup.
- Heat a skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil at medium flame, then add the corn kernels, onions, salt to taste, and garlic clove. Stir occasionally until the onions are transparent.
- Place 4 tablespoons corn from the skillet into a small bowl.
- Add the vegetable stock and the remaining corn in the skillet into a large cooking pot, and heat at medium flame for 10 minutes after it boils.
- Place the soup in a food processor/blender and mix it with the coconut milk until there are no visible corn kernels.
- Serve with lime juice and coriander.