Corn Ice CreamLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
A unique dessert, this recipe for homemade Corn Ice Cream capitalizes on the natural sweetness of fresh corn to make a creamy frozen dessert. Lightly flavored with cinnamon, this creamy Corn Ice Cream can be made without an ice cream maker. After combining all the ingredients over heat, just refrigerate the ice cream, stirring every 30 minutes, for 8 hours. The next time your local grocery store has a major sale on corn, give this frozen treat a try.
- 5 ears corn
- 750 milliliters milk
- 335 grams sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 egg yolks
- 750 milliliters cream
- 1Separate the corn kernels.
- 2In a blender, add the corn, milk, and sugar. Sift and place over low heat until it thickens. Add the cinnamon stick.
- 3Place the egg yolks in a bowl and beat lightly using a fork.
- 4Add a drizzle of hot milk to the egg yolks and mix. Repeat 3 times.
- 5Now add the egg yolks to the corn and milk mixture. Continue to cook for another minute while stirring.
- 6Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- 7Beat the cream until it doubles its size, then mix with the corn and milk.
- 8Pour into a mold and cover. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- 9Freeze for 30 minutes. Whisk and freeze again. Repeat the process until the ice cream hardens.