- 6 cups sweet corn kernels (frozen yellow, defrosted)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (finely, 2 sprigs, optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Throw 4 cups (660 g) of the corn, the broth, cashews, lemon juice, thyme (if using), salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and turmeric and cayenne pepper (if using) into the blender jar of the KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender. Secure the lid, and set the blender to the Adapti-Blendâ Soup program. Blend until the machine turns itself off. Alternatively, blend for about 5 minutes, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of corn, and leave to sit for a minute so that the hot soup can warm up the corn. Season with salt to taste. Serve with a tiny sprinkle of cayenne pepper or black pepper.
- Soup will come out of the Blender hot.