Think of this as an easy, kid-friently take on Italian calzones, with a basic olive oil dough encasing a filling of tomato paste (or ketchup), dried oregano, melting cheese, and sliced ham. You can substitute the ham with other deli meats and use pesto in place of the tomato spread; mozzarella makes an appropriate replacement for the type of cheese called for here, too. Just be sure to let the turnovers cool a bit before digging in.
- 400 milliliters sour cream (cold)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- Beat the sour cream in a food processor on high speed until whipped cream forms.
- Drain the cream in a colander to remove the whey.
- In a bowl, mix the drained cream with coriander and salt.
- Spread the cream on a sheet of parchment paper and roll into a cylinder.
- Fold in the sides of the parchment to seal and refrigerate until set.