Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon RollsRecetas del Señor Señor
If you've fallen in love with the cinnamon rolls that are sold at every Starbucks, you're in luck: Here's a recipe that results in a roll with practically the same taste and texture--and without having to wait in those long lines. The dough is a cinch to make and it's fun to form the spirals (enlist the kids!); after they're out of the oven, they're drizzled with a delicious icing (the secret is cream cheese)--and devoured within a flash.
- 125 milliliters milk
- 1 eggs
- 40 grams butter
- 350 grams flour
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 12 grams active dry yeast (instant)
- 70 grams butter (melted)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 8 grams ground cinnamon
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 50 grams butter (room temperature)
- 300 grams powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Mix together all ingredients for the dough (milk, egg, 40 grams butter, flour, pinch of salt, granulated sugar, and yeast) and knead for 15 minutes. Let sit in a warm spot for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- 3Once doubled, knead the dough a little more and roll out into a rectangle.
- 4Brush the dough with melted butter.
- 5Stir together the 100 grams of brown sugar and 8 grams of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the dough.
- 6Roll the dough up into a tube and cut 2 1/2-centimeter wheels off the tube. Lay the wheels out on a baking tray to rise another 25 minutes.
- 7Once risen, bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 8For the topping, whisk together the cream cheese, 50 grams of room temperature butter, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract, and drizzle that mixture over the hot cinnamon rolls when they come out of the oven.
- 9Serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1200Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.