- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (diced, about 2 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced, 1 Tbsp)
- 24 ounces tomato sauce (3 cans, 8 ounces each)
- 29 ounces low sodium chicken broth (or beef broth; 2 cans, 14.5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup water (then more as desired)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (canned)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 ditalini pasta (scant cup dry)
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (dark, drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- romano cheese (Finely shredded, for serving)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Scott C. 19 days ago
this was very tasty.
Linda P. 22 days ago
Not bad but definitely missing something. Haven’t figured out what just yet.
Diana T. 27 days ago
Came out very good !! Definitely a keeper.
Hubly 7 May
I don't usually get this soup at Olive Garden but this was great. I used a tomato sauce I made instead of canned, so everything had a really good flavor. the spices were pretty much perfect. i could probably have used a bit more onion and garlic. It seemed to take a lot longer for the carrots and celery to soften as I expected,but other than that, delish.
Leticia S. 5 Apr
The best soup I’ve ever made. Just delicious!
Tricia Schwind 31 Mar
Very filling! Husband and 1 year old liked it. Used bowtie pasta instead of pasta listed. Would probably leave out northern beans next time.
Kay 24 Mar
Turned out just as the picture and the family loved it, it was delish 😁
Kate DeDo 22 Mar
Big fan! I used this recipe more as foundation to play off of and added more ingredients as I pleased. Turned out fabulous!
Kochan 22 Mar
This recipe turned out really well! I changed a few things to lower fat and sodium. I used ground turkey, instead of ground beef and the two cans of beans I bought were no sodium added. I couldnt find the fagioli noodles so just used a different kind but would cut the noodles in half next time. 😊 Overall very good
Kat 6 Mar
Amazing! My family LOVED it I used ground beef, but will try sausage next time. The recipe says it makes 6 servings, but I followed it exactly and got more like 12. I used one cup servings. Also, I used my crockpot and made pasta separately. I’m so glad, because we had a TON of leftovers. Most definitely will make this again!!
Margie P. 2 Mar
This turned out perfectly. I followed the directions and added the pasta as we ate it. Put about 1/4 cup in each bowl and ladled the soup on top. Takes less than an hour if you mis en place properly. It’s been added to our soup repertoire. I added a little parsley for color.
Kristel W. 5 Jan 2017
I followed the ingredients pretty exactly for this. I used ground beef but I think I'll do it half and half with Italian sausage next time. I also made it fast and easy by browning my meat then throwing it all in a crock pot! About 6 hours on low and it was perfect. Definitely will make this again.