Don't let the looks of this famous Mastro's dish fool you. The high end steakhouse covets this recipe and charges $35 per side for a reason. Luckily I have completely figured out the recipe and am so excited to share! This is a very rich dish that makes the perfect decadent side.
- 2 large clusters of Alaskan King Crab Legs (steamed)
- 1 and half package homemade gnoochi from your favorite Italian grocer
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 1 and a half 16 oz containers of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground Pepper
- half stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil gnoochi until it all rises to a float in boiling water and preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a sauce pan mix heavy cream, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and truffle oil, Salt and pepper to taste. Heat sauce over medium high heat, whisking often until it thickens into a nice cream sauce
- remove meat from crab then breakup into a cast iron skillet
- Pour gnoochi into skillet with crab and gently mix, tossing the crab meat throughout the pasta.
- Pour cream mixture over gnoochi and crab
- Place in the oven until it achieves a deep golden crust. (approx 25 min but check on it every regularly after 15 minutes I like my crust very crisp as my photo shows.