With all the right ingredients at hand, you can make the perfect ice cream right in your own home. You don’t need to go out and pick it up. You just need 55 minutes and seven ingredients to prepare this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream with a Crunchy Peanut Topping. Ingredients for this recipe include whip-ready heavy cream, chocolate sandwich cookies, condensed milk, dark chocolate for melting, peanuts, sugar, and raspberries to garnish.
- 2 packages heavy cream (whip-ready)
- 1/2 chocolate sandwich cookies (pack)
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1 package dark chocolate (for melting)
- peanuts (to add crunch)
- sugar (to add crunch)
- raspberries (as a garnish, optional)
- Begin by whipping the whip-ready heavy cream, which should be cold.
- Once the cream is whipped and very fluffy, add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Soak the cookies in condensed milk, then remove them and fill them with the whipped cream until they are stuffed and covered (this part is messy, but definitely worth it).
- Mold the cookies and cream into the shape of a tower (as much as possible) and place it in a serving dish.
- Freeze the mix until it is solid.
- Microwave the chocolate until it is softened. Let it cool slightly, and cover the now solid cookies and cream mix until it is well coated with chocolate on all sides.
- Put the cookies, cream, and chocolate mix back into the freezer.
- While the mix is freezing, place the sugar over medium heat to carmelize it. As soon as the sugar begins carmelizing, add the peanuts and stir well.
- Remove the sugar and peanut mixture, place it on a tray over a sheet of baking paper, and let it cool completely.
- Once solid (it should be like peanut brittle), crush it into small chunks.
- Sprinkle the crunchy topping over the ice cream. Garnish it with raspberries and serve immediately.