If you want to show off how amazing your culinary skills are and also let your friends and family know how much you love them, then try these decadent and chocolaty cookies stuffed with chocolate cake. That means, you get the fluffy richness of chocolate cake, combined with chocolate ganache, all stuffed between two decadent chocolate cookies, and then sprinkled with cocoa powder. This is the perfect sweet tooth satisfier.
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams butter
- 220 grams sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 150 grams flour
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cream
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 250 grams butter (soft)
- 330 grams brown sugar
- 450 grams flour
- 75 grams self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 (8"x12") baking pans.
- Chocolate Cake Preparation:
- Melt chocolate, butter, sugar, and water over low heat. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in sifted flour and cocoa, then add the egg yolks. Divide the batter into the pans, bake for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles in each cake.
- Chocolate Ganache Preparation:
- Bring the cream to a boil and remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until it melts. Let cool.
- Cookie Preparation:
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the flour, and then the cocoa. Knead the dough on a working surface. Divide in half and roll each piece of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a round cookie-cutter cut out 48 circles of dough.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Spread the ganache on the back side of the cookies and add a slice of cake between the two cookies.
- Place a heart shaped stencil on top of the cookies and sprinkle with cocoa.