Next time you see a package of cubed potatoes, feel free to pick one up and use as a convenient time saver, instead of having to peel and cut the potatoes yourself, especially if you are preparing a family dinner on a busy weeknight. In this recipe, the potatoes and cod are satueed together with onion and garlic in the same pan, then mixed with the sausages, pickles, and olives, and then topped with sliced hard boiled eggs.
- 1 package cubed potatoes
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 slices cod (cooked and shredded)
- 6 Vienna sausages
- 1/2 jar pickles (small)
- black olives (to taste)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Heat oil In a skillet and fry potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, heat a generous amount of olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until browned.
- Add shredded cod and fry. The cod will release some water. Cook until water evaporates.
- While cod is cooking, cut thinly slice sausages and pickles.
- Drain fried potatoes on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Add sausages, pickles and olives to cod and mix well.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Place on a serving platter and top with sliced hard-boiled eggs.