Cook's Codfish and Potatoes, Pickles, and OlivesAs receitas lá de casa
Next time you see a package of cubed potatoes, feel free to pick one up and use as a convenient time saver, instead of having to peel and cut the potatoes yourself, especially if you are preparing a family dinner on a busy weeknight. In this recipe, the potatoes and cod are satueed together with onion and garlic in the same pan, then mixed with the sausages, pickles, and olives, and then topped with sliced hard boiled eggs.
- 1 package cubed potatoes
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 onions (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 slices cod (cooked and shredded)
- 6 vienna sausage
- 1/2 jar pickles (small)
- black olives (to taste)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1Heat oil In a skillet and fry potatoes.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat a generous amount of olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until browned.
- 3Add shredded cod and fry. The cod will release some water. Cook until water evaporates.
- 4While cod is cooking, cut thinly slice sausages and pickles.
- 5Drain fried potatoes on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- 6Add sausages, pickles and olives to cod and mix well.
- 7Add potatoes and mix well.
- 8Place on a serving platter and top with sliced hard-boiled eggs.