Drawing inspiration from Portuguese cuisine, these Constancia Steak Sandwiches are named after municipality in Portugal. With directions for making your own rolls, this recipe starts everything from scratch. However, you can also choose to use pre-m…
de white rolls such as ciabatta. The sandwiches are made by combining a homemade mint chimichurri sauce (instructions for preparation included!), grilled steak, roasted peppers, and your favorite greens for a weekend lunch option that will have you saying, 'Mmmmmmm'
- 1 roll (“White)
- 2 round steak (finely sliced, or rump steak fillets)
- sauce (mint chimichurri)
- 2 roasted red peppers
- mixed greens (arugula, spinach, and watercress)
- 425 grams bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons dry active yeast (instant)
- 50 grams butter (room temperature)
- 240 milliliters water (lukewarm)
- oil (for greasing)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 handful fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (crushed)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- First, make the chimichurri sauce. Add the parsley, mint, oregano, chili flakes, and garlic into a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar. Cover with a layer of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Let rest a few hours before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Make the white rolls. Start by adding the bread flour, sugar, salt, and instant dry active yeast to a large bowl. Add the butter and the water little by little and start kneading. Keep adding the water until a smooth, elastic dough is formed. You may or may not use all of the 240 milliliters of water. This process should take between 10 and 15 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and turn the dough out into it, flipping the dough so it is greased on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 15 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and punch it down. Divide it into 100-gram portions, forming each portion into a ball shape. Then flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and roll it out until 1 centimeter thick and 10 centimeters in diameter.
- Set the bread out onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Cover with a moist cloth and let rise 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle a little flour on each roll and bake about 15 minutes until golden.
- Now, assemble the sandwiches. Heat up a grill pan. While it is heating, tenderize the steak fillets with a mallet. Then grill each steak for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the steak in the middle of the split white roll, smear mint chimichurri sauce on top, then add the roasted red peppers and mixed greens.
|Calories1300Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.