Confetti Ice Cream Cookie SandwichesYUMMLY
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough, birthday cake-flavored ice cream, and your favorite sprinkles are all you need to make these celebratory ice cream sandwiches. They are great for kids of all ages and are a great way to get the family involved in the kitchen. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- 1/3 cup sparkling sugar (coarse white sanding sugar, optional)
- 1 pkg. refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16 ounces vanilla, ready to bake, divided into 24 portions)
- 1 1/2 qt. birthday cake flavored ice cream (or other favorite flavor, softened)
- 1 cup candy sprinkles (confetti type such as DecoPac Large Pastel Quins and DecoPac Bright Confetti Quins, or other favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper. Pour sparkling sugar into a small bowl. Shape each portion of cookie dough into a ball and roll in sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared sheet pans.
- Bake cookies according to package directions or until they’re set and begin to turn golden brown on the bottoms, 10-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies bake, on a work surface, overlap 2 sheets of plastic wrap (each 18 inches long) to create a large rectangle. Quickly scoop ice cream onto the plastic wrap in a row about 15 inches long. Fold over one length of plastic wrap to cover the ice cream, then shape ice cream into a log 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter (or the width of the cookies.) Wrap tightly and freeze until firm, 2-3 hours.
- Pour sprinkles into a shallow bowl. Unwrap ice cream and cut into 12 equal discs. Working in batches, place one disc onto the flat side of a cookie and top with another cookie, pressing gently to sandwich. Roll the edges in sprinkles, wrap with plastic wrap or parchment paper, and freeze while making the remaining sandwiches. Freeze at least 4 hours or ideally overnight. Ice cream sandwiches keep frozen up to 2 weeks.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes