Sweetened condensed milk lends incomparable moistness to this pound cake (and a host of other desserts), as well as imparting distinctive flavor. It's also a convenient alternative to using regular milk (or cream) and sugar, with one less ingredient to measure. Fresh lemon juice is mixed into the batter to keep the sweetness factor in check, and more lemon juice (and zest) is used to make the icing that's drizzled over the cooled cake after baking. Grated lemon zest is a fitting garnish.
- 50 grams butter
- 400 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams flour
- 2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Add the butter to a bowl with the condensed milk, juice of 1 lemon, eggs, and a pinch of salt. Mix well using an electric hand mixer.
- Incorporate the flour sifted with the baking powder into the bowl and mix well.
- Butter a 24 centimeter by 13 centimeter loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the cake cools, prepare the icing by placing the powdered sugar in a bowl and dilute it with as much lemon juice (or orange juice) as needed for the icing to be fluid.
- Pour the icing onto the cooled cake so that it also falls on the sides of the cake. Sprinkle the cake with lemon zest. Let the icing dry, then serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.