Conchiglione Stuffed with ChickenO Meu Tempero
Baked pasta never tasted so good: First boil the shells until shy of being al dente (meaning a few minutes less than the package instructions, since the pasta will continue to cook in the oven), then combine with a hearty filling that includes chicken and carrots that are cooked together until tender and pureed pumpkin (as the sauce). Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbling and delicious.
- 175 grams conchiglie (large, about 30 pasta shells)
- 350 grams chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 1 onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- seasoning (pepper, blend, 5 peppers and coriander)
- grating cheese
- 250 grams pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- vanilla-infused extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1Cook pasta shells in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente, according to package instructions.
- 2Drain well and set aside.
- 3Heat about 3 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and chopped garlic.
- 4Add cubed chicken and grated carrot to pan.
- 5About halfway through cooking, deglaze pan with wine, season with salt and pepper seasoning blend and cook until all the alcohol evaporates.
- 6Heat about 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 7Cook peeled and diced pumpkin in boiling water until knife-tender.
- 8Puree pumpkin with immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
- 9Season pumpkin puree with salt, dried basil and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Stuff cooked shells with chicken filling and place in a greased baking dish.
- 12Pour pumpkin sauce over shells.
- 13Sprinkle with grated cheese and lightly drizzle with vanilla olive oil.
- 14Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes at 180°C (approximately 350°F) or until cheese is hot and bubbly.