Comfort Food, Macedonia Vegetable Pie with TunaReceitas Da Felicidade!
Say yes to comfort food with this savory Macedonia Vegetable Pie with tuna. Featuring a flaky puff pastry crust, this vegetable pie is bursting with flavor. Filled with tuna, veggies, and plenty of basil this Macedonia Vegetable Pie can be enjoyed at anytime throughout the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Be sure to blind bake your crust for a crispy, flaky finish. You can make your own puff pastry or purchase it premade. Bake time is 20 minutes.
- 1 package puff pastry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package vegetables (frozen Macedonia)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Line the bottom and the sides of the pan with the puff pastry.
- 3Trim off any excess dough.
- 4Prick the bottom with a fork, fill with weights (dried beans or uncooked rice).
- 5Bake at 200 C for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the weights, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- 9Add the vegetables and garlic cloves, and saute for a few minutes until soft.
- 10Whip the cream with the eggs.
- 11Spread the vegetables on the bottom of the pan, and cover with the tuna pieces, chopped basil, and cream and egg mixture.
- 12Sprinkle with ground pepper, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked.
PER SERVING *
|Calories920Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.