Colorado Chocolate CakeL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Enjoy this moist, rich dark chocolate cake for a special celebration. Made with a combination of dark chocolate and bittersweet cocoa powder, the batter is sprinkled with granulated and brown sugar for sweetness. Then, cocoa is sifted on its surface and coffee is poured on top. After baking for an hour, the cake is covered with foil and returned to the oven until it's cooked through. It's an unusual technique with decadent results.
- 180 grams flour
- 400 grams dark chocolate
- 40 grams cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- coffee (1.5 dl.)
- milk (0.6 dl.)
- 2 eggs
- 20 grams granulated sugar
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 25 grams butter
- 1 vanilla beans
- 5 grams baking powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Make a lengthwise incision in the vanilla bean, remove the seeds with the tip of a knife and set them aside.
- 3Chop the chocolate finely, melt it over a double boiler with the butter and let it cool slightly.
- 4Sift the flour with the baking soda and add it to the butter and chocolate mixture, add the beaten eggs, the milk and the vanilla seeds set aside earlier.
- 5Wet a piece of wax paper and wring out the excess water, place it in an 18 centimeter springform pan, add the batter to the pan, sprinkle the surface with the brown sugar and the granulated sugar.
- 6Sprinkle with the sifted cocoa and carefully pour the coffee over the cake.
- 7Bake the cake for 1 hour.
- 8Cover the cake with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9Discard the aluminum foil and cool the cake completely.
- 10Sprinkle with the remaining cocoa and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.