In a time crunch and looking for a quick meal? This Colombo Pork recipe will be ready in a matter of minutes. Salty soy sauce is balanced by the super spicy Tabasco sauce and bitter ginger puree. Cornstarch helps thicken the blended sauce and helps it stick to the shrimp during the cooking process. Serve warm over a cup of white rice, Asian noodles, or in a bowl by themselves for a low carb option.
- 400 grams pork (sautéed)
- 4 onions
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh ginger (section)
- 4 tablespoons Colombo powder (curry powder)
- 1Put tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 seconds.
- 2Peel and cut into small pieces.
- 3Keep the juice with the tomatoes.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Peel and crush the garlic.
- 6Peel the ginger and cut very finely.
- 7Peel the onion and cut into thin strips.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Cut the pork into large cubes.
- 10Heat oil in a pan and brown the meat.
- 11Add onions and brown them.
- 12Add garlic, ginger and the tomatoes and their juice.
- 13Add salt and stir.
- 14Add colombo spices, mix well.
- 15Cover with water.
- 16Cook over low heat for 1 hour.