Colomba Cake PopsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
For an update on the traditional Italian Easter cake, try these fun, portable cake pops, which employ coffee-soaked pound cake that's mixed with ricotta cheese and milk chocolate. Formed into balls, they're dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with sprinkles. They'll need a few hours to firm up in the refrigerator, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- pound cake (slightly stale)
- 2 ounces espresso
- milk chocolate candy
- 125 grams ricotta cheese
- dark chocolate
- 1Cut the cake into pieces and drizzle with the coffee to a bowl.
- 2Add the chocolate cut into pieces and the ricotta cheese.
- 3Combine the ingredients using your hands (the mixture should be firm) and refrigerate it for a few hours to become more compact.
- 4Shape the mixture into balls and place the balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place a colored stick inside each ball.
- 5Melt a few pieces of dark chocolate with a tablespoon or two of butter in a pan or microwave.
- 6Coat the cake balls with the chocolate and garnish with the colored sprinkles. Chill well before serving.