Just one bite of this hors d’oeuvre will make you feeling like you stepped into the Italian countryside! Ready in only 35 minutes, this appetizer combines tomatoes, mozzarella and basil perfectly with lasagna sheets to switch up the regular Caprese salad. The tomatoes are packed with vitamin C and K that will reduce risk of heart disease, while the basil acts as an anti-inflammatory to fight cancer. This dish will be the star of your next Italian night in!
- 1 sheet lasagna
- buffalo mozzarella
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- Cook the lasagna according to package directions.
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/2-centimeter rounds.
- Once the lasagna has cooled, cut each sheet into 6 squares.
- To assemble, lay down a piece of lasagna, then tomato, mozzarella, basil, and salt. Repeat again to make a tower.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.