Cold Tomato and Melon SoupOn dine chez Nanou
Soup doesn't always have to be a hot dish served on a cold day. This recipe for Cold Tomato and Melon Soup is a perfect palate pleaser for a cold dish on a hot day. This recipe combines all things summer and fresh. If you are searching for a decadent dish that will tantalize the taste buds for your next garden party or backyard barbecue, then this dish is guaranteed to please.
- 1 galia melon
- 1 can tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- mint (for garnish)
- ham (cured, for garnish)
- 1Peel and chop the melon.
- 2In a blender, puree the melon chunks. Add the pureed tomatoes, olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Blend for about 5 minutes to obtain a smooth soup. Check the seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4To serve, pour the soup into glasses with a skewer with mint, ham, and melon.