Cold Spaghetti SoupMadeleine Cocina
Traditionally, when you think of soup, you think of a hot and savory dish best served to warm you up in the winter. This recipe for Cold Spaghetti Soup offers the opposite effects for a healthy and hearty way to cool off on those hot summer days. It takes an hour to prepare this dish for four. Ingredients include spaghetti noodles, sliced cucumber, sliced purple onion, sliced tomatoes, chopped coriander, tomato juice, and Italian salad dressing.
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced in rings)
- 2 tomatoes (small, sliced)
- coriander (Chopped, as desired)
- 500 milliliters tomato juice
- 250 milliliters italian salad dressing
- 1Place the red onion in a small bowl with cold water and salt. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 2Break the spaghetti into 4 or 5 parts.
- 3Heat water in a cooking pot until it boils and put the spaghetti in it. Let it cook for 7 minutes.
- 4Strain the spaghetti and soak it with cold water. Store it in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- 5Mix the spaghetti, cucumber, red onion, tomato, coriander, tomato juice, and italian dressing in a large bowl.
- 6Serve cold with avocado or shrimp as side dish.