Cold Red Fruit SoupOn dine chez Nanou
Soup does not always have to be a hot dish to warm you up on a cold day. This recipe for Cold Red Fruit Soup is a chilly treat that combines fruity rose wine with fresh sweet and tart berries for a flavorful and fun sweet treat. Be sure to pick up the ingredients for this mouthwatering treat the next time you go shopping so you can make some this weekend.
- 1 bottle rosé wine (fruity)
- ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons sugar (fine)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 mint leaves (chopped)
- 1In a saucepan, heat 4 glasses of rose wine with cinnamon and boil for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the sugar and stir so that it melts.
- 3Cut the strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries into large pieces.
- 4In a salad bowl, add the strawberries and then the raspberries and blueberries.
- 5Add the hot wine and let cool.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 7To serve, garnish with mint leaves.