Soup does not always have to be a hot dish to warm you up on a cold day. This recipe for Cold Red Fruit Soup is a chilly treat that combines fruity rose wine with fresh sweet and tart berries for a flavorful and fun sweet treat. Be sure to pick up the ingredients for this mouthwatering treat the next time you go shopping so you can make some this weekend.
- 1 bottle rosé wine (fruity)
- ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons sugar (fine)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 mint leaves (chopped)
- In a saucepan, heat 4 glasses of rose wine with cinnamon and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir so that it melts.
- Cut the strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries into large pieces.
- In a salad bowl, add the strawberries and then the raspberries and blueberries.
- Add the hot wine and let cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish with mint leaves.