Cold Brewed CoffeeMurmures
Cold brewed coffee is worth the wait. Brewed over a long time, this coffee has a round and smooth flavor. With step by step instructions, this recipe will guide you to the perfect cup of iced coffee.
- 225 grams coffee (fresh, medium or coarsely ground)
- 1 liter water (filtered)
- 1As with any other method, the coffee will be much better if it is ground just before infusion.
- 2Place the ground coffee on the bottom of a large pitcher or jar.
- 3Pour 1 liter of cold filtered water over the coffee.
- 4When the ground coffee beans have risen to the surface (about 10 minutes), mix with a wooden spoon so that all the coffee gets thoroughly wet.
- 5Cover and brew for 12 to 18 hours.
- 6The best cold brew straining technique is with filter paper.
- 7Moisten the filter slightly by running a little bit of water through it.
- 8Gently pour the coffee in.
- 9This is a long process.
- 10The concentrate should be very dark, but neither opaque or blurred.
- 11Store the concentrate in an airtight container. The coffee brew will keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
- 12Serve to taste. Some people like it diluted with water and ice cream, others directly pour the concentrate on the ice cream.
- 13This is what I have done by adding a little milk.
- 14If you are keen on sweetening your iced coffee, it's better to use a liquid sugar, such as agave, maple syrup (which will alter the taste a little bit) or a simple syrup.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.