- 1/4 cup coffee granules (instant)
- 1/2 cup water (divided)
- 2 boxes dark chocolate (Premium Brownie Mix)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages toffee bits (8 oz. each, does not contain chocolate)
- 1/3 cup frosting (Creamy Home-Style Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- Preheat oven following directions on box for type of pan used. Grease 17"x 12" baking pan; set aside. Dissolve coffee granules in ¼ cup HOT water. Add remaining ¼ cup water.
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box using 5 eggs, coffee-water mixture and oil. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Immediately spread toffee bits evenly over top. Carefully cover tightly with foil. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Place frosting in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 15 seconds. Stir to blend. If needed, microwave another 15 seconds. Do NOT overheat. Heat just until frosting flows slightly. Place in resealable plastic bag. Cut a very small hole in bottom corner. Squeeze bag to drizzle frosting evenly over toffee bits.
- Allow frosting to set. Cut into bars and serve.
- (English) Toffee bits can be found on baking aisle near chocolate morsels, nuts, etc. Covering pan while cooling ensures the toffee adheres to brownie layer.
- Do NOT use a smaller pan to bake this quantity. It will overflow pan.
- For smaller occasions, cut recipe in half and use a 13"x 9" pan following baking directions on box. Recommend using 3 eggs.
- If a nonstick pan is used, cut brownies using a plastic knife to avoid scratching surface of pan.