Coffee Slushie with Savory Oregano CookiesMarmita
When a plain cup of coffee just won't do, or you crave something a bit more refreshing on a summer day, make this recipe: First you brew coffee, sweeten with sugar, and then allow it cool (while enjoying its wonderful aroma) while you prepare the granita by combining crushed ice with mint leaves in a food processor until the desired degree of slushy, and slowly pour in the cooled coffee. Garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy.
- coffee (enough for 2)
- 400 grams crushed ice
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 lemon slices
- 280 grams wheat flour (unleavened)
- 11 yeast (grs, 1 sachet of, for cakes)
- 20 grams white sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano (full of)
- 65 vegetable margarine (grs of)
- 150 milliliters milk
- 1Make the coffee and add the sugar, let it cool completely.
- 2Then chop the ice with the mint leaves, the best way to do this is using a blender or food processor, beat until it is the texture of coarse snow.
- 3Place the ice, to taste, in the glass and slowly stir in the coffee, serve with a lemon slice in each glass.
- 4Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 5Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and margarine (cut into cubes) in a bowl and beat with the food processor or mixer for about 5 seconds at medium speed.
- 6Then add the oregano and the milk and turn on the food processor on again for about 20 seconds or until the dough is pulling away from the walls of the machine.
- 7Put the dough on a surface with flour and knead it slightly with your hands until forming a ball, divide the ball into 4 equal parts and from each part make small balls or a strip divided by small pieces.
- 8Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them apart a bit. Bake for 15 minutes.