Coffee Mocha CupcakesKitchenAid
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup coffee concentrate
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee concentrate
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. set aside.
- 4To the bowl, add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium
- 5 for 1 min. With a large spoon or spatula, stir in boiling water and coffee. Batter will be thin.
- 6Fill liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15-17 min. Remove cupcakes from tin to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before frosting.
- 7In a medium bowl, add the butter start to whip with a hand mixer on medium speed for 1 min.
- 8Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to whip. Add coffee concentrate and blend well. Ready to use immediately or refrigerate for later use.