- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks (room temperature pasteurized, beaten)
- 12 ounces 60% cacao chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Attach wire whip to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl and add 1 cup cream. Gradually turn to high speed and whip cream until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Stop and add powdered sugar. Turn to high speed and whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate sweetened whipped cream until needed.
- Attach KitchenAid Heated Chef Bowl and wire whip to stand mixer. Set heat to 220°F. When preheated, first add ¾ cup cream and then add egg yolks. Immediately turn to Stir speed and heat for 5 minutes, scraping bowl as needed to prevent eggs from coagulating on sides of bowl. Reduce heat to 100°F. Add chocolate, coffee liqueur and vanilla. Turn to Stir speed and blend until chocolate is completely melted and smooth, and mixture cools to 100°F.
- Turn off Heated Chef Bowl and remove bowl insert. Quickly fold in reserved whipped cream by hand in two additions, folding just until blended. Some streaks of unmixed whipped cream may be present.
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl or individual serving dishes and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.