Individual parfaits are not much more work to assemble than a single large one, and they are a welcome treat for guests. In these desserts, ground ladyfingers and almonds are sprinkled between layers of coffee flavored cream to delicious effect. The rich tasting cream is easily made in the Thermomix, saving time and effort and is best when allowed to chill for a day (in the assembled portions) to allow it to set up before serving.
- 100 grams ladyfingers (or Maria biscuits)
- 50 grams almonds
- 1 can condensed milk (cooked)
- 500 milliliters milk
- 5 eggs
- 25 grams corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- Grind the ladyfingers and almonds for a few seconds at speed 7/8/9.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- In the Thermomix cup add the milks, egg yolks, cornstarch and coffee. Set to 8 minutes/194°F/speed 3.
- Place in a bowl to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the Thermomix cup and fit with the butterfly. Add the egg whites and sugar. Remove the cup lid and set for 5 minutes/speed 3 1/ 2.
- Add to the milk mixture and fold gently with a spoon, stirring from bottom to top.
- Place in small bowls or in a large bowl, alternating layers of cream and crushed ladyfingers, ending with a layer of crushed ladyfingers and almonds.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving. Best made a day ahead of time.